We are a Private Intelligence Firm Comprised of Former Federal Agents with Centuries of Experience Handling Covert Investigations
There are a variety of reasons why a company or firm (or an individual) might need to gather intelligence. Evaluating the competition, uncovering insider fraud, and vetting potential business partners are all possibilities—among many others. Regardless of what intelligence you need, and regardless of why you need it, you need to know that you are relying on complete and accurate data in order to make informed decisions.
We provide private intelligence services to companies, firms, and individuals throughout the United States. We work with clients of all sizes and in all industries, and we have extensive experience gathering intelligence on an extremely broad range of matters. As former high-ranking agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), U.S. Secret Service, and other federal investigative agencies, we offer our clients unique insights, and we provide them with unwavering confidence in our capabilities.
Why Private Intelligence?
When is it necessary to gather intelligence, and why should you engage a private intelligence firm rather than relying on your company’s or firm’s internal personnel? There are several circumstances in which it will be necessary to gather intelligence, and there are several important reasons to choose a reputable private intelligence firm:
- Confidentiality – When gathering intelligence, confidentiality is of utmost importance. Relying on a professional and reputable private intelligence firm ensures not only that the intelligence gathered will remain confidential, but that the process of gathering intelligence is kept confidential as well.
- Comprehensiveness – An investigation is only worthwhile if it produces actionable intelligence. In order to be actionable, intelligence must be sufficiently comprehensive. If you don’t know what you don’t know, this can place you in a very precarious situation, and you can end up making the wrong decisions despite thinking you are making the right ones.
- Efficiency – When it comes to gathering intelligence, efficiency can be critical. Experienced intelligence consultants will be well-versed in all pertinent investigative techniques, and they will be able to work with you to quickly understand your needs and develop a targeted investigation strategy. They will then be able to gather all necessary intelligence quickly, and they will be able to package the intelligence in a way that allows you to quickly make informed decisions.
- Resources – Conducting all types of intelligence operations requires resources. A quality private intelligence firm will have many resources that other companies and firms lack. These resources are essential for conducting comprehensive and efficient investigations, as well as for analyzing data and information so that they can be utilized effectively.
- Analysis – In today’s world, data and information can take many different forms, and simply gathering data and information won’t provide you with the insights you need. Analysis will be required, and conducting this analysis will require the insights and resources offered by a professional private intelligence firm.
Why Corporate Investigation Consulting?
If you need private intelligence services, why should you choose Corporate Investigation Consulting? While there are plenty of firms that claim to offer private intelligence services, Corporate Investigation Consulting stands out in several important respects. Here are just some of the reasons why our clients choose us to meet their needs:
- Our Consultants’ FBI and Secret Service Backgrounds – Our intelligence consultants all have extensive backgrounds in civil service. This includes prior experience as Senior Special Agents, Special Agents in Charge and Supervisory Special Agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), U.S. Secret Service, and other investigative agencies.
- Our Experience in the Private Intelligence Field – We have extensive experience in the private intelligence field. This includes conducting all types of investigations and intelligence gathering operations on behalf of companies, firms, and individuals.
- Our Geographic Reach – With a nationwide network of senior-level intelligence consultants, all of whom have prior federal government experience, we are able to quickly deploy to locations across the country. We are able to conduct intelligence gathering operations for our clients overseas as well.
- Our Capabilities and Resources – We have the capabilities and resources required to conduct sophisticated and covert intelligence operations remotely, on-site, and in the field. No matter what your needs require, we can deploy our resources efficiently and get to work immediately.
- Our Proven Ability to Deliver the Intelligence Our Clients Demand – Most of all, our clients trust us for our proven ability to deliver the intelligence they demand. Our results speak for themselves, and we are more than happy to provide case studies that demonstrate our expertise.
Our Private Intelligence Services
We offer private intelligence services for companies, firms, and individuals with a broad range of goals and needs. We have significant experience helping our clients gather intelligence, analyze data and information, and make informed decisions with regard to matters including:
- Background checks and investigations
- Competitor research and market intelligence
- Corporate surveillance
- Cybersecurity and data security intelligence
- Financial intelligence
- Fraud investigations
- Internal intelligence gathering (i.e. to uncover conflicts of interest)
- Investigation of potential security threats and breaches
- Selecting and approving vendors, distributors, sponsors, donor, and other parties
When you choose our private intelligence firm, our consultants will work closely with you to understand your goals and needs and develop a strategy for our investigative efforts. Once we are in agreement regarding this strategy, we will deploy our personnel and resources to gather the intelligence you need. We will provide you with updates in real time, but we will also compile and analyze all of the data we collect in order to provide you with a summary and actionable intelligence that you can use to make decisions going forward.
At Corporate Investigation Consulting, we take pride in our ability to provide our clients with unwavering confidence. We go beyond simply gathering intelligence to ensure that our clients are able to get as much out of the intelligence we gather as possible. We provide consulting, digital forensics, and other support services as well, and we serve as trusted advisors to many of our clients on an ongoing basis.
FAQs: Utilizing Private Intelligence to Make Informed and Strategic Decisions
What are Some Common Circumstances in Which Companies Engage Private Intelligence Firms?
Companies engage private intelligence firms in a variety of different circumstances. Some of the most common circumstances include those in which companies are facing threats to their businesses (i.e. due to a security breach or potential breach of fiduciary duty), in which companies need to make informed decisions about potential strategic partners or joint ventures, and in which companies are seeking to obtain a competitive advantage. We work with companies in all types of scenarios; and, if you believe that your company could benefit from gathering intelligence, we can help you explore the options that are available.
What Factors Should I Consider When Choosing a Private Intelligence Firm?
There are several factors to consider when choosing a private intelligence firm. But, perhaps the single most-important factor is relevant experience. Conducting investigations and other types of intelligence operations requires a particular set of skills and capabilities, and these skills and capabilities can only be gained through high-level real-world experience. At Corporate Investigation Consulting, all of our private intelligence consultants have extensive experience not only in the private sector, but also working for federal investigative agencies such as the FBI and U.S. Secret Service.
How Long Will it Take to Gather Actionable Intelligence?
The length of time it takes to gather actionable intelligence in any particular scenario depends on the specific circumstances involved. The available sources, the available information, any potential roadblocks, and the urgency of the situation are all pertinent factors. We take timing into consideration when it is a factor; but, in all cases, we focus on ensuring that our clients have the comprehensive intelligence they need to make informed and strategic decisions.
Will a Private Intelligence Firm Definitely Be Able to Gather the Information I Need?
No, not necessarily. Private intelligence firms can only go so far; and, in some cases, the only option (if there is any option) may be to initiate litigation and seek information through the discovery process.
With that said, we are able to gather intelligence in many circumstances in which other firms and individuals are not. When you contact us, we will provide a clear and straightforward assessment of the steps we can take and the results we believe we will be able to obtain. If you choose to move forward, our private intelligence consultants will work diligently to gather the available information as efficiently as possible.
Will My Company’s Intelligence Gathering Efforts Remain Confidential?
Yes, we can work with you to keep your company’s intelligence gathering efforts strictly confidential. We routinely work under strict terms of confidentiality, and we have the technological tools and resources required to protect our clients’ privacy.
Speak with a Private Intelligence Consultant in Confidence
If you would like to know more about our firm or the private intelligence services we offer, we encourage you to get in touch. Call 866-352-9324 or contact us online to schedule a complimentary initial consultation.